The latest news from official sources:
Bahá’í World News Service
- Prime Minister of Samoa pays tribute to Baha’i community on 60th anniversary - The Prime Minister of Samoa has expressed his gratitude to the country's Baha'i community for its long service to the development of Samoan society. The Honorable Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi made his remarks during celebrations marking the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Baha'i Faith in the Pacific island nation. "I take this opportunity to express the appreciation of the...
- "To Serve Humanity" – youth discuss contributing to the betterment of society in a series of short films - A series of short films, collectively entitled To Serve Humanity, has been released on the World Wide Web today – exactly one year after the announcement by the Universal House of Justice of a convocation of conferences for young people throughout the world. To Serve Humanity explores, through the diverse voices of a few of the 80,000 young people who participated in the 114...
- Three Baha'is stabbed in Iran, apparently a religious hate crime - In an apparent hate crime, three Baha'is were stabbed in their home in Birjand, Iran, by an unidentified intruder on Monday 3 February, the Baha'i International Community has learned. The three – a husband and wife and their daughter – survived but are currently in intensive care at a nearby hospital. According to reports from Iran, the attacker – who was masked – entered the home of...
- UN General Assembly again expresses "deep concern" over continuing human rights violations in Iran - UNITED NATIONS, New York -The UN General Assembly today expressed "deep concern at serious ongoing and recurring human rights violations" in Iran, showing that the international community will not be swayed by mere promises of improvement. By a vote of 86 to 36 with 61 abstentions, the Assembly approved a powerfully worded resolution that, while welcoming recent promises by Iran's new president...
Bahá’í News UK
Recent Bahá’í references on Google News:
- Prime Minister of Samoa pays tribute to Baha'i community on 60th anniversary - Baha'i World News Service
- THE FAST TRACK - NWAOnline (subscription)
- BAHA'IS CELEBRATE, PREPARE FOR FASTING - Times of Swaziland
- Local Baha'is observe holy period - The Union of Grass Valley
- Wrangellite celebrates third generation of Baha'i service - Wrangellsentinel
- 4 Bahai citizens are sentenced to imprisonment | HRANA News Agancy - Iranian
- Crenshaw: What's it mean when religion foments violence? - Bloomington Pantagraph
- Baha'i Faith - Los Alamos Monitor
- Coming soon: Mohsen Makhmalbaf's deceptively simple The Gardener - Chicago Reader
- Baha'i talk scheduled for March 4 at Selah library - Yakima Herald-Republic